Thank you for your interest in Assumption College! Assumption is pleased to receive applications from qualified international students. A candidate for transfer admission should follow the procedure outlined below.
Please submit the following:
- Common Application
- A personal statement about your college education and why attending Assumption College would be of value to you (part of the Common Application)
- Official college transcript with at least 12 credits completed (24 is preferred) and a G.P.A. of 2.5 or better
- Official secondary school transcript or a G.E.D. (General Education Development)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language scores (such as TOEFL/IELTS), waived if applicable
- Letter of recommendation from a professor or advisor
- College Official's Report. Use our form.
- Bank statement which must be officially certified or notarized indicating that the candidate has sufficient funds to study at Assumption College. Cost of attendance is estimated at $57,140.*
- $50 application fee made payable to Assumption College (You can pay this fee through the Common Application.)
For International First Year Student information, click here.
We require all applicants whose first language is not English to adequately demonstrate English competency as a part of the application process. Students may demonstrate competency by submitting scores from the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System), iTEP (International Test of English Proficiency) or Pearson.
Recommended minimum scores:
TOEFL - 80 (iBT), 213 (cBT), 550 (pBT) or higher. Assumption's TOEFL code is 3009.
IELTS - 6.5 or higher
Pearson - 53 or higher
iTEP - 3.7 or higher
- For admission in the Fall semester, all documents must be received by June 1.
- For admission in the Spring semester, all documents must be received by October 1.
Interviews are available for international students via telephone or Skype. Please contact the Assistant Director of Admissions, Andrew Kupec at email@example.com to schedule an interview.