What is Hound Hustle?
Hound Hustle is a campus-wide competition in which participants earn points for completing their normal and new workouts in the Plourde Recreation Center.
Who can compete?
Students, Faculty/Staff and Members can all compete. There will be three divisions based on your classification (Students, Faculty/Staff or Members). New this year is team competitions in the Student and Staff Divisions.
When does the competition start and how long does it run?
Hound Hustle starts on Wednesday January 17th and runs through Wednesday February 28th. It is a 43-day competition.
What is the competition to?
Hound Hustle challenges all to earn 125 points in the 43 days. Prizes will be awarded in each division for the first to make it to 125 points and for the person who has the most points.
How does the Team Competition work?
Teams of 3-4 participants can be formed and the individual points accumulated by the members will be added together to produce the team score. At the end of the competition the Student team will receive a Pizza or Wing Party and the Staff team will receive a lunch off campus with President Cesareo, Robin Pellegrino and Mike Rodier.
How do I sign up and submit my workouts?
There is no need to officially sign up. When you submit your first workout you are automatically signed up for the competition.
Workouts can be submitted through the link found on the Portal on the Campus Recreation Page or through this direct link: https://res.assumption.edu/recreation/houndhustle.php. This can be done through your phone, the information kiosk located near the Stairmasters in the fitness room of the Plourde Recreation Center or from your computer at home. Workouts must be submitted within 24 hours of the workout happening.
If competing in the Team portion of the competition simply write in your team name in the appropriate box when submitting your points and your points will be recorded for your team.
What workouts count in the competition and how much are they worth?
The Chart below shows which workouts are considered eligible for this competition. Points are awarded for the duration of each workout.
- AMT: Adaptive Motion Trainer…these are the two identical pieces of equipment found between the Stairmasters and the Treadmills
- Bikes: can be the spin bikes or the recumbent bikes behind the Ellipticals…the weekly Spin Class does not count towards points
- Running: New this year is that running can occur on the treadmills, track or outside. Campus Recreation does reserve the right to check in on outdoor runs to ensure fairness to all participants.
- Swim: Only during open swim times.
- Fitness on Demand – DIY: Simply choose any workout on the Fitness on Demand console in the MPR. Complete it by yourself or with a friend!
- Fitness on Demand – Campus Rec: Starting on Tuesday January 1, there will be scheduled Fitness on Demand Classes during the common hour.
- Legs/Arms/Chest/back: Can be free weights, selectorized machines, TRX, Battle-ropes
- Max point submission per day is 12 points
- 5 extra points will be awarded each week for completing at least 3 different workouts with an intensity of 30 minutes or more per workout
- On the first day of the competition, Wednesday January 17th, points are worth double!
- A week is defined as Thursday-Wednesday (Opening Day + 6 weeks)
What incentives are there?
- Reach 50 points = FREE T-Shirt (to all who reach this level)
- Reach 125 points = FREE Sweat Towel (first 60 only)
- Reach 150 points = FREE Shaker Bottle (first 60 only)
- Weekly incentives TBA!!!
What are the real PRIZES?
Prizes are awarded across all divisions can be seen in the chart below.